Andrew and Donna's Road to the World Cup

Monday, May 29, 2006

Combined Effort - Monday, May 29

Note: Donna wrote the beginning of this guy as well; she is becoming quite a prolific writer.

This will be a short blog, because the day is not over. I am sure Andrew will write more later.

We slept until 10:30 this morning, it felt so good. After showering and packing we checked out of our hotel and loaded Andrew up with the luggage and hit the tube to find Imperial Hotel. After much swearing and me almost breaking down in tears, we finally found it and were able to check-in the hotel.

Bonny and Steph are right next door to us and we caught up with them around noon. After a brief chat and exchange of hellos we got some grub. Bonny was not thrilled with her uncooked bacon and lettuce sandwich, but the rest of us did ok with the food today.

Andrew and I went with Bonny and Steph to the Tower of London where we parted ways until 6 tonight. Andrew and I were rewarded for our journey on the tube with them to the Tower with more soft-serve with flake.

We’ve been at the hotel since about 3 recovering from our first four days and updating our blog. Tonight we have a meeting with our tour group and then see Les Miserables. Tomorrow Paris!

+ + +

Tonight we did indeed see Les Mis. It was very enjoyable. The theatre held about 1000 people and only performs Les Miserables. I expected less jeans, more jackets from the audience but it did not take away from our enjoyment of the performances. Jean Valjean was brilliant. The little boy was a hoot. Donna cried. I didn't, but I did get goose bumps.

Tonight after the show I settled into our hotel's atrium to post the entries we wrote this afternoon. Unfortunately the wireless network was not working so I walked a few blocks to the Imperial Hotel's sister hotel, the Royal National. Ambitious names, aren't they? Well, the network is up here and thus the sudden information overload. Some more photos are posted on our snapfish site, but they don't have the clever captions you have come to love and mock.

We are off to Paris in just about five and a half hours so I better head back to the hotel to pack.

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day and comment again soon!

All the best,
Andrew

Andrew 8:00 PM

1 Comments:

Donna-I hope that you did not prop the kitchen door open when visiting our old dorm.

Colm and I saw the DaVinci Code today and I thought of you guys... London, Paris - made me want to catch a flight over there to see all the cathedrals/abbeys, etc.. But alas, I have to work.

Add a comment