Andrew and Donna's Road to the World Cup

Monday, May 29, 2006

London under construction - Saturday, May 27

Note: Donna wrote this, but I am posting under my name because she is back at the hotel sleeping.

With having done so much on Saturday, I figured I need to stick my two cents in about the day as well.

Apparently we have managed to get here when just about all things in London are being renovated. Notice the picture of St. Pauls is half drawing. We also saw a nice photo of what the Nelson statue in Trafalgar Square should look like. It’s nice that they show you what you should be seeing.


We went to St. Paul’s today, just about my favorite place in London. Apparently other people must think so too, because it has doubled in price since I went in 2000. I have the ticket stubs to prove it. I felt rather guilty after seeing Andrew at the top of St. Paul’s (after 530 steps) sheet white with sweat dripping down his face. I asked if he was ok on the way down and he just told me to keep walking. I had a long trip down trying to figure out how to get him to forgive me for convincing him to go to the top. We made up rather quickly and then caught up with the Neffs. We spent a few minutes marveling at how our legs wouldn’t stop shaking. Apparently none of us is in that good of shape and our legs were crying out for help.

Later in the day we headed toward the British Museum. I lead the way and had us get off at Euston Station where we walked through the Quaker House and the tiny park that smells like piss and on to my old dorm (Campbell House). I made Andrew take a picture of me in front of the door. It was great to see it and I couldn’t help but smile.


Andrew 7:41 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment