Andrew and Donna's Road to the World Cup

Friday, June 09, 2006

Studio 90: US Soccer Videos

Hi there, I was catching up on the latest news from US Soccer on their website when I came across a video of me catching Cherundolo's jersey in Birmingham. Pretty cool, eh? It is toward the end of the Studio 90: MNT Send-Off Video. You can get to the video thru the US Soccer link on the left.

Here's a screenshot. I know you can't tell it is me, but trust me - that is Stevie in Birmingham, tossing his jersey into the crowd.



Funny sidenote: Many of you know, Donna has the jersey now - you may have seen it in some of the pictures from Verona.

Anyway, I sent it to Jared so he could wear it for a few months before the World Cup and before he grew out of it. I didn't wash it first...he wore it twice without washing it because he said washing it would take away from the "ambience" of the jersey. After I caught the jersey, I stuffed it in my pocket and the sweat soaked thru my pants and boxers. We smelled it the entire ride home.
Andrew 8:24 PM

4 Comments:

1. That is so cool about the video! The picture was so small, I couldn't figure out who you were though. Were you dressed crazy?
2. Donna, you are the master planner. Nice digs!
3. Watched the first game on ESPN-- looks to be an exciting tournament.
4. I never knew Andrew liked wine so much. I thought you preferred Sprite.
5. Lovely pictures.
6. That's disgusting about the sweaty jersey, both your and Jared's experience with the sweat. Dis-gus-ting.
7. Dad told me you're going to be a local celebrity. So begins your sports broadcast career?
1 - no, just wearing a red shirt...I wouldn't be able to tell it was me, except for the circumstance
2 - word
3 - indeed
4 - cherry coke actually, but that wasn't an option
5 - thanks
6 - whatever dude, it was worth it
7 - one can dream

Thanks for reading. Can't wait 'til we're neighbors.
If the shirt hasn't been washed yet, maybe you can squeeze some of the ambience into a jar and save it. Ditto for your underpants, Andrew.
Andrew and Donna-
I head for DC for a work conference tomorrow. The last time I was there was your wedding day. I'll be thinking of you the whole time. Will have to catch up on all your adventures when I get back.
-Emily
PS
Colm was at the local English pub at 7am today to watch England beat Paraguay.

Add a comment